Principal contractor Speller Metcalfe employed Churngold Construciton on the new leisure centre. Works included:
- Sheet piling earthworks for the new swimming pools. Reinforced concrete foundations.
- Reinforced concrete ground floor slab, inclusive of extensive dpm/gas membrane and slab insulation.
- Drainage systems including 3 storm attenuation tanks.
- External works including linear drainage, kerbing, paving, tarmac.Street furniture including cycle hoops, protection bollards.
Churngold successfuly manage the completion of these works whilst dealing with challenging issues such as:
- Tight town centre site
- Programme delivered on time despite COVID pandemic